Monday, July 13, 2009

Has the R&A completely missed the point?

I have just been on The Open Championship web site and was pleased to see that they have an application for mobile phones, an iPhone application, a game for mobile telephones and a Twitter feed, these guys really get it...








OR, DO THEY?


I can board a plane and be trusted to switch my telephone off or have it in flight mode, I can enter a hospital with my telephone and be trusted not to use it in restricted areas but, I can't be trusted by the powers that be at the R&A to carry my telephone into hundreds of acres of open space to watch a sporting event?

This is a typical example of a company that appears to be embracing technology when in fact they are actually living in the dark ages and showing no respect for the intelligence and integrity of their customers.

I would like to know who is going to submit the posts to Twitter? No doubt one of their own...who are presumably above the rules!

No comments: