Monday, July 20, 2009

The Turnberry Open Championship has inspired me

No, not because a 59 year old can come so close to winning the Open, I have been inspired by the place. I visited Turnberry for the practice day last week and I watched pretty much all of the coverage on TV and it reminded me that I have an unfinished painting of this magnificent place. In fact, it's the last painting I started - some 12 years ago.

Seeing the images on TV of this remarkable coastline has inspired me to dig out the painting and finally finish it. Fortunately, the hole in question (No.10) hasn't changed since Tom Watson did win against Jack Nicklaus all those years ago. I have taken a picture of the painting in it's current state and I will keep you updated with my progress. I have also posted a picture of a Turnberry picture that I did finish (the 18th Fairway, Clubhouse and Hotel) and is available as a print from my Golf Prints web site.

No comments: